Saturday 25 September 2010

Waiting At the Window By A.A. Milne

Have returned to my Blog for the first time in ages! Have lots to tell to all 4 people who read this but must finish my OU first. However, I just wanted to throw this little poem in quickly to anybody confused enough to accidentally follow my link on Twitter who also, by complete chance enjoyed a summer of JJJ and Big Brother this year.....It's a long-shot but just in case such a person exists, here goes!


Waiting at the Window By A.A.Milne.  

(A poem from the mind of a little boy watching 2 raindrops chasing down the windowpane.)

These are my two drops of rain
Waiting on the window pane

I am waiting here to see
Which the winning one will be.

Both of them have different names.
One is John and one is James

All the best and all the worst
Comes from which of them is first

James has just begun to ooze
He's the one I want to lose

John is waiting to begin
He's the one I want to win

James is going slowly on.
Something sort of sticks to John.

John is moving off at last.
James is going pretty fast.

John is rushing down the pane.
James is going slow again

James has met a sort of smear.
John is getting very near.

Is he going fast enough?
(James has found a piece of fluff.)

John has hurried quickly by.
(James is talking to a fly.)

John is there, and John has won!
Look! I told you! Here's the sun!

Seems that even as early as 1927, the split personality that accompanies the name John James was being observed! 



5 comments:

grimbletweets said...

ha ha! well found! v gd.

superlinda said...

it was meant to be-truly beautiful

Anonymous said...

BB finished ages ago. Time 2 get back 2 life in the real world :(

Mrs T! said...

I have to say I stumbled upon it by pure chance! It's in the book 'Now We Are 6' by AA Milne which I loved as a child & bought for my daughter's birthday! x

superlinda said...

I disagree with "anonymous"-I think it's amazing how the story continues and how much the nation love them wish I could have got to the party